TXWORKS Internship Program
Texas Working Off-Campus: Reinforcing Knowledge and Skills (WORKS) Internship Program (TXWORKS) is a program that provides students with opportunities to build their resumes through paid and professional work experiences aimed at strengthening their career readiness. Texas college and university students that are hired by participating employers and meet program eligibility enrollment and financial assistance requirements will:
- Earn a minimum of twenty ($20) per hour.
- Intern a minimum of ninety-six (96) hours over a minimum of eight (8) weeks in Texas.
- Complete internships with challenging, meaningful, and real-work projects and tasks.
- Gain and strengthen career readiness competencies and skills to succeed in the workforce.
- Increase confidence to make future career decisions, build professionalism and establish relationships.
Established by the 86th Texas Legislature, TXWORKS is funded in part by the State of Texas out of a yearly student financial assistance appropriation. The TXWORKS program is administered by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) in partnership with Texas employers. Employers are reimbursed at the rate established by the THECB for fully paid eligible wages for the eligible interns.
While the THECB administers TXWORKS, the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), www.TXInternshipChallenge.com site supports TXWORKS Internship Program outreach to students and employers, the TXWORKS employer internship position postings, and the internship application process.
Texas College and University students: Visit the TXWORKS webpage for students to:
- review TXWORKS Student Application Process Guide
- review descriptions of employers offering TXWORKS internships
- complete the required TXWORKS Student Eligibility Form
Employers interested in learning more about the TXWORKS Program and participating in the future may contact program staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Future employer application submission period for employers prepared to implement TXWORKS internships in Fall 2022 to be announced.