TXWORKS Internship Program
Established during the 86th Texas Legislature and funded in part by the state, Texas WORKS: Reinforcing Knowledge and Skills Internship Program (TXWORKS) is a new internship program, administered by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). TXWORKS will launch in 2021 and assist eligible and selected Texas college students with career readiness by providing:
- Paid internships that aid with living expenses while completing their certificate or degree program
- Projects and work responsibilities that allow for the development of key competencies and skills
- Resources to explore and prepare for future career pathways
- Strategies for marketing knowledge and skills for future career opportunities
Download the Career Readiness Handbook (PDF) to learn about the career competencies that TXWORKS interns will learn and practice if selected for the program. Please continue to visit this site for important program updates and timelines.
To learn more about TXWORKS, please select one of the options below:
- Review program details and eligibility requirements
- Learn about internships offered through TXWORKS
- Subscribe to receive email updates about TXWORKS
- Review program details, eligibility requirements, and process to become a participating employer
- Complete TXWORKS Interest Survey and provide contact information to receive program updates
- Contact program staff for additional information and questions
For questions regarding TXWORKS, contact Andrew Harper, TXWORKS Project Coordinator, at Andrew.Harper@highered.texas.gov.