Student Academic Record or Transcript Requests

If an institution is currently in operation, students should request documents directly from the location where the student attends or attended. Institutions may put holds on academic records for reasons such as past-due tuition payments or defaulted loans. Please consult the institution for its policies that may affect receipt of a transcript or other student records.

Students seeking academic records from closed institutions should review the list below to determine if the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) has copies of student records. If THECB has received academic records from a closed school you attended, you may request a copy of your records by submitting a Student Academic Records Request Form. The form must be submitted online by clicking the “Submit” button at the end of the form. If you have questions concerning the form, contact information is at the top of the form.

Student Academic Records Request Form

Please note:

  • THECB only administers and maintains the records as provided by the closed institution and does not have any secondary source beyond the academic records received. If no academic records are found for a student within the records maintained by THECB, THECB will provide a statement verifying no records were found.
  • There is no fee for a certified copy of a student’s own academic records. THECB will send a maximum of two copies to each person/entity listed as the requested recipient. THECB will send a maximum of two copies to each person/entity listed as the requested recipient.
  • The fulfillment time is typically two business weeks.
  • Any request to access student records or transcripts may require THECB staff to access and review confidential personal information. A student or former student gives consent and authorizes such use through the student’s request for academic record copies.
  • Students must be able to provide THECB staff sufficient information to determine that the academic records requested are associated with the requesting student and the student has the right to access such information.

Federal Financial Aid Questions

THECB cannot answer questions concerning federal student loans or other federal financial aid records. Information on Other Government Agency Resources provides contacts for questions about federal financial aid.

Other Questions

If a closed degree-granting institution is NOT listed below, students may contact THECB to determine if THECB has contact information for an entity holding the institution’s student academic records. Students should call 512-427-6201 or email Not all closed institutions have provided updated information regarding student record locations.

Closed degree-granting institutions for which THECB maintains records

(Updated September 2018)
The following list is compiled with the best information available to THECB.

Name Locations Years of Records
Vista College

College Station
El Paso

Approximately 2004-2021
ITT Technical Institute

Houston North
Houston West
San Antonio East
San Antonio West

Approximately 1992-2016
Westwood College

Houston South
Fort Worth

Approximately 2011-2016