A chatbot named ADVi – short for “advisor” and powered by Mainstay – uses artificial intelligence to provide on-demand support via text message to Texans looking to attend or return to higher education. High school seniors may access ADVi by starting a freshman application in ApplyTexas.
When students sign up to receive messages from ADVi, they receive:
- The ability to ask questions about pursuing higher education 24/7 via text message;
- Backup support from our virtual advisors if a student has needs or questions beyond what ADVi can provide;
- Student-friendly, accurate, and engaging messages about key college access milestones, common questions, and action steps;
- Information and tips to help with their college applications, planning, and financial aid; and
- Resources to help navigate the transition to college