Title IX Training
Senate Bill (SB) 212 and House Bill (HB) 1735, 86th Texas Legislature, codified as Texas Education Code (TEC), Chapter 51, Subchapters E-2 and E-3, relate to the reporting of and the development of policies and recommended employee training regarding certain incidents of sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking at public and private institutions of higher education in Texas. In accordance with the new subchapters of the TEC and newly adopted Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) rules (Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 3, Subchapter A), the materials included on this web page were developed by the Title IX Training Advisory Committee, which was established by the Board of the THECB in October 2019 (see THECB Rules, TAC, Chapter 1, Subchapter DD).
Included on this site are the following:
- PowerPoint Slide Deck “Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, and Stalking: New State Mandates for Postsecondary Educational Institutions”
- This 100-slide PowerPoint slide deck includes all slides developed for purposes of training persons to report certain incidents under TEC, Section 51.252, and for Title IX coordinators and Title IX deputy coordinators of postsecondary institutions in Texas.
- Recommended Topics for Employee Training
- This document includes the training topics and associated slides in the PowerPoint slide deck recommended for: (1) Title IX Coordinators/Deputies; (2) Responsible Employees & Mandatory Reporters; and (3) Confidential Employees.
- Companion List for PowerPoint Slide Deck
- This table includes the numbers and titles of the specific slides in the PowerPoint slide deck recommended for: (1) Title IX Coordinators/Deputies; (2) Responsible Employees & Mandatory Reporters; and (3) Confidential Employees.
- Chief Executive Officer Certification Form
- Please use this THECB-approved form to certify annually by October 31.
- Suggested Report Templates
- These two templates are offered as examples to the Title IX Coordinators and Chief Executive Officers of postsecondary institutions for purposes of complying with reporting requirements. The PowerPoint slide deck provides additional training for the sample report templates to be used if desired.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Members of the Title IX Training Advisory Committee
- This document includes the names, titles, and institutional affiliations of the members of the Title IX Training Advisory Committee.
- Additional Training Resources/Materials
Inquiries regarding Title IX Training should be directed to Cathie.Maeyaert@highered.texas.gov.