Institutions can find information to assist with the administration of state financial aid programs through the following program resources:
- Resources for state grant programs: Toward EXcellence, Access, and Success (TEXAS) Grant; Texas Educational Opportunity Grant (TEOG); Tuition Equalization Grant (TEG); Texas Transfer Grant Pilot Program; and Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) State Grant.
- Resources for low-interest loans available to Texas residents: College Access Loan (CAL) and Texas B-On-Time (BOT) Loan.
- Resources for Texas College Work-Study (TCWS) and the Work-Study Student Mentorship Program (WSMP); and information on the Bilingual Education Program, and the Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program (TASSP).
- Resources for specific programs that may exempt or waive tuition and fees for certain individuals attending public institutions of higher education in Texas.
- Information on Uniform Standards for Disclosing Designated Tuition Set-Aside Funds.
- Calculate Tuition Set-Aside Amounts.
Financial Aid Database (FAD) Report
The FAD Report is used to collect data for the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) to produce an annual statewide Financial Aid Report, determine state aid program allocations, conduct compliance monitoring, and generate additional statewide and institutional reports.
- FY 2022 FAD Comprehensive Report Manual [PDF]
- FY 2021 FAD Comprehensive Report Manual [PDF]
- FY 2020 FAD Comprehensive Report Manual [PDF]
State Campus Based Programs
- FY 2021 State Campus-Based Programs Annual Report [PDF]
- FY 2021 State Campus-Based Programs Annual Report- Submission Form Link
Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA)
To determine fiancial aid eligibility for applicants that do not qualify for federal aid, use the TASFA.
The 2023-24 TASFA will be available online and also as a PDF paper copy.
- 2022-23 TASFA Application and Instructions [PDF] in English
- 2022-23 TASFA Application and Instructions [PDF] en Español
- 2021-22 TASFA Application and Instructions [PDF]
- 2021-22 TASFA Application and Instructions [PDF] en Español
Selective Service Statement of Registration Status
In accordance with TEC, Section 51.9095, male students must file the required Selective Service Statement of Registration Status with their institution or other entity granting or guaranteeing financial assistance. This includes grants, scholarships, loans, or other assistance funded by state revenue, including federal funds or gifts and grants accepted by the state.