Student Academic Record or Transcript Requests
If an institution is currently in operation, students should request documents directly from the location where the student attends or attended. Institutions may put holds on academic records for reasons such as past due tuition payments or defaulted loans. Please consult the institution for its policies which may affect receipt of a transcript or other student records.
Students seeking academic records from closed institutions should review the list below to determine if the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) has copies of student records. If THECB has received academic records from a closed school you attended, you may request a copy of your records by submitting a STUDENT ACADEMIC RECORDS REQUEST FORM. The form must be submitted online by clicking the “Submit” button at the end of the form. If you have questions concerning the form, contact information is at the top of the form.
- THECB only administers and maintains the records as provided by the closed institution and does not have any secondary source beyond the academic records received. If no academic records are found for a student within the records maintained by THECB, THECB will provide a statement verifying no records were found.
- There is no fee for a certified copy of a student’s own academic records.
- The fulfillment time is typically two business weeks.
- Any request to access student records or transcripts may require THECB staff to access and review confidential personal information. A student or former student gives consent and authorizes such use through the student’s request for academic record copies.
- Students must be able to provide THECB staff sufficient information to determine that the academic records requested are associated with the requesting student and the student has the right to access such information.
Federal Financial Aid Questions
THECB cannot answer questions concerning federal student loans or other federal financial aid records. Information on Other Government Agencies Resources provides contacts for questions about federal financial aid.
If a closed degree-granting institution is NOT listed below, students may contact THECB to determine if THECB has contact information for an entity holding the institution’s student academic records. Students should call 512-427-6201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Not all closed institutions have provided updated information regarding student record locations.
Closed degree-granting institutions for which THECB maintains records
(Updated September 2018)
|Name||Locations||Years of Records|
|ITT Technical Institute||