Online Training for All Regents & Trustees
The THECB provides an online orientation course for newly appointed regents and elected trustees for whom attendance at the annual seminar held in Austin would be a hardship; orientation must be completed during the member's first year of service as a member of a governing board.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently using videos from the 2019 Higher Education Leadership Conference. A notice will be posted here when the website has been updated with the 2020 Higher Education Leadership Conference videos.
Instructions for Completing the Registration and Training Process for Regent/Trustee Online Training
- Click on the registration link.
- Complete the electronic registration form and submit payment (credit card or electronic check only).
- View the training videos COMMUNITY COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY. [Note: These videos are updated annually]
- When you have watched all the videos, click the button at the foot of the video page to access the assessment.
- Upon completion of the assessment, send a notification email to Mary Mitchell at GBOnlineTraining@highered.texas.gov. A certificate will be issued upon successful completion.
Please Note: The certificate of completion will not be sent until payment has been received.