The goal of the Student Success Acceleration Program – Implementation Grants (SSAP – Implementation Grants) goal is to support students’ persistence and completions of credentials of value leading to successful career and labor market outcomes. This Request for Applications (RFA) solicits proposals from public, private/independent institutions, and systems of higher education in Texas for the development, enhancement, and scaling of evidence-based programs and initiatives in one (1) of the following program areas:
- Academic Supports
- Basic Needs/Wrap-Around Services
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Some College, No Credential Reengagement
- Underserved Populations, including First Generation and Economically Disadvantaged Student Initiatives
This grant program is urgently needed for economic recovery due to the COVID-19 pandemic and a future competitive workforce in Texas. Funding from the Coronavirus Recovery and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Fund has been allocated to launch SSAP Implementation Grants in fall 2022.
A direct award of $25,000 will be made to any Texas public university, health related institution, or community, technical, and state college that applies to receive a Reporting Modernization Grant.
An additional $25,000 grant award, for a total of $50,000, is available to:
- Texas public universities classified as a Master’s, Doctoral, or Comprehensive institution, and
- Community College District, State, and Technical Colleges with fall 2020 census-date headcount enrollment under 20,000 students.
Representatives from eligible institutions are invited to attend a webinar on September 27, at 11:00a.m. (CST) to learn more about the SSAP – Implementation Grants. Attendance is encouraged and will be recorded. A link to the recording of the SSAP-IG Informational webinar will be made available within 48 hours of the event and posted below.
- FORM 1 – Contact Information Sheet
- FORM 2 – Certification and Leadership Commitment
- FORM 3 – Grant Application Form
- FORM 4 – Proposed Budget
- Federal Forms
- Appendix F – Certification Regarding Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Appendix G – Certification Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency (FFATA)
- Appendix H – Certification Regarding Department and Suspension
All inquiries and communications concerning this RFA should be directed to Dr. Suzanne Morales-Vale at CRI@highered.texas.gov. No contact shall be made with other THECB personnel regarding this RFA. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in the disqualification of an application.