- Set up your TASFA account – Create your Online TASFA account through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s secure portal.
- Check your email – Important updates on your progress and your application ID will be sent via email.
- Log into your account – Begin your application.
- Complete each section on your application:
- Parent (if applicable)
- Submit your application – Select up to 10 colleges for each submission. You can return and add 10 more, as needed.
- Check Applications page – You can check which colleges you have sent your TASFA to and the date submitted.
Online TASFA Tips
Need help completing the TASFA?
For help with specific application questions or to check the TASFA submission process, please contact the financial aid office at the college you plan to attend.
Need Technical Assistance?
Report issues – To report a problem with the Online TASFA or issues with our webpage, such as broken links, or to ask questions, please Contact Us (select “Financial Aid Question” as the Contact Reason).
Give us a call – For help with your Online TASFA account, refer to the Frequently Asked Questions. If you can’t find the answer, please call (888) 311-8881, Monday–Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed 12-1 p.m.). For non-technical questions, contact the financial aid office at the college you plan to attend.