Perkins V Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment
Perkins V requires that each institution awarded Perkins Basic grant funds perform a comprehensive local needs assessment (CLNA) and submit it for approval to the THECB. Each CLNA must describe how an institution’s local Perkins program and funding will support CTE programs and assist special populations students as required by the Act and in response to gaps identified in the CLNA and the institution’s plan for closing the gaps.
Perkins V additionally requires that CLNAs be updated prior in the second year following the Act’s full implementation (FY 2022-2023).
The following documents were developed to assist institutions in developing the FY 2020-2021 CLNA. They remain current for the FY 2022-2023 update:
- Perkins V Regional Stakeholder Meeting Presentation (for local adaptation if desired)
- Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment Online Resources
- Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment Instructions
- Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment Narrative Template
- Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment Stakeholder Checklist
- An editable comprehensive local need assessment analysis can be found on the Perkins page of the TACTE website.
- CLNA Statutory Language
- CLNA Executive Summary (new required document for FY23 updated CLNA) (PDF)
- Guidance for Updating the CLNA (new resource document for FY23 updated CLNA) (PDF)
Fillable versions of the documents posted above can be found on the TACTE website under Perkins V Transition Resources. The FY 2020-2021 model CLNAs and how-to manuals produced by Northeast Texas Community College, Trinity Valley Community College, North Central Texas College, and Lone Star College are posted there as well.
- Perkins CLNA Webinar – March 29, 2022
- Perkins CLNA Webinar - April 1, 2020
- Perkins CLNA Webinar - December 2, 2019
General Inquiries should be directed to Mindy.Nobles@highered.texas.gov.