Accelerating Credentials of Purpose and Value Grant Program
The Accelerating Credentials of Purpose and Value (“Accelerating Credentials”) Grant Program supports the development or expansion of short-term, industry-recognized postsecondary credentials the incorporate skills and knowledge required by high-demand careers. It is intended for public two and four-year institutions of higher education and public health-related institutions.
Projects funded by Accelerating Credentials will focus on three fields:
- Digital skills, including programming, web and applications development, digital project management, and cybersecurity programs;
- Data analytics including data analysis and visualization; and
- Front-line healthcare programs including nursing, medical specialist, and technician programs.
The credentials must be 12 months or less in duration and can be embedded into existing curricular pathways to degrees or delivered as stand-alone diploma or certificate programs.
Funding will be provided to eligible applicants on a competitive basis. Accelerating Credentials Grants stem from the allocation of $94.6 million provided to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board from the Governor’s Emergency Educational Relief (GEER) Fund. GEER dollars originate from the U.S. Department of Education’s administration of the Education Stabilization Fund in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020. The CARES Act (HR 748/S 3548 of the 116th Congress) was signed into law on March 27, 2020.
Grant Documents and Information
- Request for Applications (RFA) (PDF)
- Application and Instructions (PDF)
- Budget Request Form and Instructions (Excel)(PDF)
- Informational Webinar – Oct. 25, 2021
Point of Contact
All inquiries and communication concerning the Accelerating Credentials of Purpose and Value Grant Program and the RFA should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.