Campus Operations During COVID-19
The information on this page is intended to provide general guidance for Texas institutions of higher education (IHE) from the THECB as it pertains to various campus operations during this health emergency. THECB staff will update this guidance as we receive additional inquiries and information. Questions related to the reopening of various campus operations can be directed to Ray Martinez, Deputy Commissioner for Academic Affairs and Workforce Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Health Protocols for Institutions of Higher Education
The following health protocols are recommended for IHE for various campus operations. The practices specified are recommended to maintain safety for campus communities. The virus that causes COVID-19 is still circulating in our communities. We need to continue to observe practices that protect everyone, including those who are most vulnerable. IHE leaders may consider adopting additional protocols for their specific needs and circumstances to protect the health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
- American College of Healthcare Administrators List of Best Practices for Campus COVID-19 Response [PDF] (Added 1/13/2021)
- White House Coronavirus Taskforce Recommendations for College Students [PDF] (Added 9/4/2020)
- CDC Guidance for Colleges, Universities, and Higher Learning (Added 11/16/2020)
- Promote Flu Vaccinations to your Campus Community (Added 11/16/2020)
- Register to be a COVID-19 Vaccinator (Added 11/16/2020)
Now that campuses operations are fairly stable during COVID-19, the checklists for reopening posted for fall 2020, summer 2020, and Career and Technical Education have been archived. We have also archived the hyperlinks for fall 2020 re-opening plans for Public Community, State, and Technical Colleges, Public Universities and Health-Related Institutions, and for Independent Colleges and Universities. These hyperlinks may still provide COVID-19 information for these campuses.