- April 18, 2020 - Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Endorses "Statement of Principles on Acceptance of Credit" (PDF)
- April 7, 2020 - Apart We Stand Together Campaign Flyer - English (PDF)
- April 7, 2020 - Apart We Stand Together Campaign Flyer - Spanish (PDF)
- March 9, 2020 - Testimony to the Texas House of Representatives Committee on Public Health (PDF)
- March 6, 2020 - Commissioner Harrison Keller’s Coronavirus Update to Texas Institutions of Higher Education (PDF)
- January 31, 2020 - Commissioner Harrison Keller’s Memorandum on Coronavirus Information for Institutions of Higher Education (PDF)
Coronavirus Update for Higher Education
The information on this page is updated regularly. Last Updated on September 23, 2020 (11:30 AM CDT)
Texas institutions of higher education are taking proactive measures to protect the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s (THECB) primary role in this crisis is to act as a facilitator, partner and an advocate for institutions of higher education, especially to:
- Serve as a resource to all Texas colleges and universities, to help collect information about and address the challenges they’re facing in response to the disruption caused by COVID-19;
- Work with Governor Greg Abbott’s office, state leadership, and other agencies to ensure maximum flexibility of rules and regulations to help institutions adapt to the current public health emergency; and
- Collaborate with public and private institutions of higher education across the state to adapt to the changes that may be needed to ensure continuity of instruction for students through the current semester, and to prepare for the summer and fall semesters.
Please find below links to several resources that may be helpful to administrators, faculty and other campus stakeholders as they navigate the weeks ahead. This page will be updated continuously as new information becomes available.
- Strada COVID-19 Resource Center added to Online Resources page 9/21/2020
- FAQs updated on 9/23/2020
- May 18, 2020 - THECB, Greater Texas Foundation and Trellis Foundation Emergency Aid Program (PDF)
- See More [Expand/Collapse]
Office of the Texas Governor, Greg Abbott
Frequently Asked Questions
Institutions of Higher Education
- Reopening of Campus Operations (Updated 9/4/2020)
- GEER State Grant and Emergency Educational Grant FAQ's (Added 9/2/2020)
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) FAQs (Updated 8/6/2020)
- Courses, Calendars, and Reporting FAQs (Updated 9/23/2020)
- General FAQs (Updated 9/23/2020)
- Perkins Grants FAQs (Updated 6/1/2020)
- Teacher Preparation FAQs (Updated 8/6/2020)
- Tuition, Refunds, and Financial Aid FAQs (Updated 9/8/2020)
- VA Benefits and CARES Act FAQs (Updated 4/27/2020)
Students, Parents and General Public
- Guidance for Students During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Updated 4/14/2020)
Information and Resources for Higher Education Institutions.
Inquiries and Institution updates should be directed to Ginger.Gossman@highered.texas.gov.