Closure of Argosy University Dallas


Argosy University-Dallas had been scheduled to teach-out and close in August 2019. As of March 11, 2019, Argosy University’s website ( lists Argosy University Dallas as permanently closed.


To keep up-to-date on information as it is made available, please check this webpage from time-to-time to see updates.


The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) is obtaining and processing copies of transcripts from Argosy University-Dallas. When transcripts are available, a student can request a copy of his/her transcript on file with THECB by completing a transcript request form at the Student Academic Record or Transcript Requests web page.

Argosy University has also posted Academic Transcript Request Form Instructions for requesting an academic transcript directly from its owner, Dream Center Education Holdings.

Financial Request


Argosy University posted information regarding financial requests, account balance inquiries, 1098-T questions, and career services on Argosy’s Closed School Page.

Comparable Programs

Argosy University has posted a list of institutions which they have identified as articulation agreement participants. The complete list is at: Partner Institutions. In addition, the following colleges have reached out to specifically help Argosy student’s transition: Richland College (Dallas Community College District); Texas A&M – CommerceThe University of Texas at ArlingtonJarvis Christian College OnlineNational UniversityRegis University and Northern State University

The following higher education accreditors have created pages of resources for Argosy University students that include institutions working with transfer and teach-out options.

Higher Learning Commission (HLC):

WASC Senior College and University Commission (WASC): 

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC): 

American Psychological Association (APA): and 

CACREP (Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Education Programs):

Students may also directly search THECB’s Program Inventory if they wish to research possible transfer options.  Please note: Students should never assume that credits will transfer to or from any educational institution. The determination as to whether to accept credits is at the discretion of the receiving institution.


Please visit to learn more about your options. Some benefit eligibility may be restored depending on the details of the closing and your particular circumstances. In addition, you may contact the Texas Veterans Commission. The Texas Veterans Commission will update their website as information is confirmed.

Federal Student Loans & Pell Grants

The US Department of Education has posted information to its website regarding the closure of Argosy University locations.  The Argosy University information has been posted to Announcements at: Important Information About Argosy University and The Art Institutes. (Please note: None of the Texas Art Institute locations are included in this notice. The Texas Art Institute locations and South University are under a different ownership structure.) 

The US Department of Education has a general webpage for closed school information at All students should review these resources for questions regarding federal financial aid.

After reviewing the information specific to your institution, if you have general questions about federal loans you should first try to contact your loan servicer. Additional information on loan forgiveness and refund discharge is available at:

If you still have questions about your Federal Student Loans or Pell Grants, THECB suggests you contact the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group of the U.S. Department of Education. More information about this group is available at:

Please note: THECB does not have access to your federal financial aid or private loan accounts. Staff cannot answer questions as to the status of your financial aid.

Information for International Students:

Per the Department of Homeland Security, Argosy students who are in Active status may seek the following:

  1. Seek a change of status,
  2. Enroll in another qualified program of study at an Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified school, or
  3. Depart the United States.

Nonimmigrant students who have questions about their options should call the SEVP Response Center at 703-603-3400. This number is staffed from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday, except federal holidays. The response center can assist with the facilitation of transfer to SEVP-certified schools where the students have accepted admission.

Students may refer to the Homeland Security School Search page to find schools certified by SEVP to enroll nonimmigrant students. F-1 nonimmigrant students must enroll in a full course of study at an SEVP-certified school in order to maintain their nonimmigrant status.

Additional Questions

Dream Center Education Holdings, the owner of Argosy University Dallas, has established the following contacts for assistance:

Representatives will be able to assist via phone from 8 am – 8 pm EST, Monday – Friday. Please note that email is the fastest way to receive assistance.

Please contact THECB staff if you have additional questions.

  • For transcripts only: 512-427-6201
  • For other non-financial aid questions, including information on comparable programs: Cathie Maeyaert (512-427-6527)

Source: External Relations