Reporting Modernization Grant (GEER funded)
As part of the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) fund, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) is pleased to announce a new Reporting Modernization Grant opportunity to support public colleges and universities impacted by COVID-19.
The THECB will award grants of $25,000 or $50,000 to eligible institutions to support reporting modernization efforts. The Reporting Modernization Grant awards will support data and reporting system modifications necessary for upcoming changes to CBM reporting, including:
- Census Student Schedule Report (CBM0CS);
- Student End of Semester Report (CBM0E1);
- Student Census Report (CBM001); and
- Census Faculty Report (CBM0C8).
These grants may also be applied toward costs associated with implementation of the Recommended Course Sequencing provision required by Texas Education Code §51.96852, added by Senate Bill 25 of the 86th Legislature.
A direct award of $25,000 will be made to any Texas public university, health related institution, or community, technical, and state college that applies to receive a Reporting Modernization Grant.
An additional $25,000 grant award, for a total of $50,000, is available to:
- Texas public universities classified as a Master’s, Doctoral, or Comprehensive institution, and
- Community College District, State, and Technical Colleges with fall 2020 census-date headcount enrollment under 20,000 students.
Updates or improvements to reporting system, including:
- One-time purchase(s) of new reporting systems;
- Contract support for system modifications or upgrades; and
- Personnel costs for staff time dedicated to system updates or improvements.
Staff training related to updated CBM reporting, including:
- Training on new or updated reporting systems; and
- Training on how to use, analyze, or populate the new items or data structures for the new or updated CBM reports, or recommended course sequence reporting.
Expenditures must have been incurred after March 13, 2021, and before June 1, 2022.
Eligible institutions must submit a letter of interest describing how the Reporting Modernization Grant funds will be spent and include a budget that does not exceed the grant level being requested, i.e. either $25,000 or $50,000, contingent upon institutional eligibility.
Budget and federal certification and disclosure templates are provided below to assist in completion of the application, and must accompany an institution's letter of interest.
Applications submitted to the THECB must include the following:
- Letter of interest signed by the president or the president’s designee
- Proposed budget
- Required federal certification and disclosure requirements
Please email the completed application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Reporting Modernization Grant" by Oct. 1, 2021.
- Budget Template
- Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) Certification
- Certification Regarding Debarment
- Certification Regarding Lobbying
- Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (if applicable)
Inquiries should be directed to John.Dinning@highered.texas.gov.