*NEW* Educator Preparation Planning Grant Opportunity
On June 10, 2022, Commissioner Harrison Keller announced the Educator Preparation Planning Grant Opportunity to support institutions of higher education to develop innovative solutions to address critical teacher shortages that the COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated.
The THECB will award grants up to $50,000 to eligible general academic teaching institutions and university systems to support planning grants for colleges of education. The intent of these grants is to enhance or develop rigorous and innovative teacher credentialing programs aimed at increasing the number of certified teachers in Texas and strengthening the educator training pipeline. The developed plan will be submitted to THECB upon completion as the deliverable for this grant project.
General academic teaching institutions and university systems interested in applying for this grant are encouraged to focus on the establishment or enhancement of:
- Innovative program recruitment, retention, and degree completion strategies for educator preparation programs.
- Pathways for paraprofessionals, substitute teachers, and others with higher education or K-12 experience to complete teaching credentials.
- Post-baccalaureate certification programs, micro-credentials, competency-based education programs, or other innovative educator training programs.
- Innovative partnerships with public school districts, institutions of higher education, or other partners to increase the number and diversity of certified teachers.
- Evaluation plans for new or existing programs and practices to assess efficacy and scalability of innovative approaches to strengthening the educator pipeline.
Please see Commissioner Keller’s announcement for more details.
This is not a competitive grant. Planning grants of up to $50,000 will be awarded to eligible applicants. Applicants must submit a letter of interest, proposed budget, and required federal certification and disclosure forms by close of business on Monday, June 27, 2022, to email@example.com.