Agenda Welcome, introductions, and call to order Election of committee chair and vice chair Consideration and approval of minutes from the May 31, 2018 meeting Public testimony on agenda items Coordinating Board update Professional organization updates
- Welcome, introductions, and call to order
- Election of committee chair and vice chair
- Consideration and approval of minutes from the May 31, 2018 meeting
- Public testimony on agenda items
- Coordinating Board update
- Professional organization updates – Frank Graves (TACE), Rafael Brisita (TACTE), Denny Yarbrough (TACRAO)
- Reports from subcommittees for WECM Advisory Committee
- WECM Protocols
- Special Topics and Local Need Course Review
- Professional Development
- WECM Comments
- Programs of Study
- Guided Pathways
- McDonald’s Initiative
- Future agenda items and resources required for next meeting
- Timeline and future meeting dates
*A working lunch will be incorporated into the schedule.
This meeting will be web-cast through the Coordinating Board’s website at http://www.thecb.state.tx.us.
(Thursday) 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
THECB - Board Room
1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: “A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter.” Thus, no person can carry a handgun and enter the room or rooms where a meeting of the THECB is held if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code.
Please Note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing THECB, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code and THECB is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting