TXWORKS Internship Program
Your college diploma is just part of what it takes to be career ready! The workforce is competitive, and to be ready to compete, you must have specific skills, be able to function within a diverse workplace, and be ready to learn, grow, and innovate.
The Texas WORKS Internship Program for Undergraduates (TXWORKS) is here to help you get ready. TXWORKS internships provide an opportunity for you to experience the career you're interested in, practice workforce skills, and gain new knowledge and skills that can help you smoothly transition to your career of choice.
TXWORKS Internships are:
- Paid: TXWORKS internships offer an opportunity to gain experience while helping you pay for college and living expenses.
- Worthwhile: TXWORKS internships are at least eight weeks long, with a minimum of 12 hours of work per week.
- Meaningful: TXWORKS internships will help you challenge yourself, reflect on your current skills and ways you can grow, and ensure you are ready for what's next.
Ready to apply?
Coming soon! Check back in fall 2020 to determine if you are eligible to apply for a Texas WORKS internship position.
To qualify for a TXWORKS Internship, you must:
- Be a Resident of Texas;
- Be a current undergraduate student at an eligible college or university, working toward a degree or certificate;
- Be enrolled at least half-time;
- Have established financial need (completed a FAFSA);
- Have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Interns cannot be employed in more than one Texas WORKS internship at a time or complete more than two internships in total. Current dual credit students are not able to participate. Eligibility to participate will be determined during the application process.
Interested in learning more about how to prepare for a career while you are in college? Check out this handbook for information about different skills you will need for your career, types of careers, and how to find and market yourself for a satisfying career.
For questions regarding TXWORKS, contact Andrew Harper, Program Specialist, at Andrew.Harper@highered.texas.gov.
Employers interested in offering TXWORKS internships are encouraged to visit www.60x30tx.com/txworks for more information about how to participate.